The Art and Design of Martyna Alecxander
Martyna is a freelance designer & illustrator that currently lives in Detroit and does work around the country. She's worked as an in-house designer for 6 years at companies including Shinola Detroit. She has always painted and made artwork in parallel with her design work and her intuition for design informs her art the same way her art keeps her approach to design fresh. While the mediums are very different the elements within her paintings allude to a very graphic and composition-based process of exploration more often found in design work.
You can see her fine art work on Instagram @martyna_alexander
For her less-purposeful and more spontaneous endeavors check out the Blog section of the site or her instagram @rabbits_on_parade. That's where you can find more of her 'after-hours' drawings and current projects.
She also sells a large collection of antique prints that her grandmother scavenged when she was alive. You can find them on instagram: @rosesantiqueprints.
- Freelance Designer & Artist at Martyna Alexander Art & Design
- 2019 – Present Detroit, MI
- Contract Senior Designer at AKQA for Apple
- Jan 2020 – March 2020 Sunnyvale, CA
- Senior Designer at Shinola Detroit
- 2016 – 2019 Detroit, MI
- Digital Designer at Whirlpool Corp
- 2014 – 2016 Benton Harbor, MI
- BFA in Art & Design at University of Michigan School of Art and Design
- 2008 – 2012 Ann Arbor, MI
- Foundation Year at Parsons School of Design
- 2007 – 2008 Manhattan, NY